Received from Ralph Castain on Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 06:54:41PM EDT:

(snip)

> > On a closer look, it seems that the "17" corresponds to the number of times
> > the
> > error was emitted after its occurrence regardless of how many actual MPI
> > processes
> > were running (each of the MPI processes spawned by my program iterates a
> > certain
> > number of times and causes the error to occur during each iteration).
>
> That is correct - if you tell us the error, we’d be happy to help
> diagnose. Otherwise, your analysis is correct.

I'm already in communication with Rolf vandeVaart regarding the error
[1]. Unfortunately, neither of us has made much headway finding the source of
the problem as of the present time.

[1] http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2015/09/27526.php
--
Lev Givon