Ralph Castain <r...@open-mpi.org> writes:

> That’s an SGE error message - looks like your tmp file system on one
> of the remote nodes is full.

Yes; surely that just needs to be fixed, and I'd expect the host not to
accept jobs in that state.  It's not just going to break ompi.

> We don’t control where SGE puts its
> files, but it might be that your backend nodes are having issues with
> us doing a tree-based launch (i.e., where each backend daemon launches
> more daemons along the tree).

I doubt that's relevant.  You just need space for the SGE tmpdir, which
is where the ompi session directory will go, for instance.  Also, too
many things don't recognize TMPDIR and will fail if they can't write to
/tmp specifically, even if there's reason to avoid /tmp for tmpdir.