"Rob Malpass" <l...@getiton.myzen.co.uk> writes:

> Hi
>

> Sorry if this isn't 100% relevant to this list but I'm at my wits end.
>

> After a lot of hacking, I've finally configured openmpi on my Ubuntu
> cluster.   I had been having awful problems with not being able to find the
> libraries on the remote nodes but apparently the workaround is to use
> ld.conf.so.d/*.conf

That shouldn't be necessary with Debian/Ubuntu packages; there's a
default MPI set through alternatives.  If that isn't working, make an
Ubuntu bug report, but it seems OK in Debian stable.

If you're not using a packaged version (why?), the usual way to set the
environment is with environment modules (the environment-modules
package).