Hi,

I understand --map-by will determine the process placement whereas
--bind-to will keep the processes pinned to the given resource. If this
understanding is correct, then I've got a doubt with the following.

On a node with 2 sockets and 12 cores each,

--map-by ppr:3:socket,PE=4  --bind-to socket

My understanding is that this will give each process 4 cores. Now, with
bind to socket, does that mean it's possible that within a socket the
assgined 4 cores for a process may change? Or will they stay in the same 4
cores always?

Thank you,
Saliya

--