Hello Gilles and Nathan

Thank you very much for the answer.

The reason I asked this question is that I wanted to see the debug output
from OPAL_MODEX_RECV()/OPAL_MODEX_SEND(). As I reported in an earlier mail,
in my case, the modex data from OPAL_MODEX_RECV() is getting corrupted and
I wanted to see how the other BTLs are doing it.

However, setting the <framework>_base_verbose to 100 does not seem to
include any debug message coming from modex exchange, either for tcp or for
openib: please see the output below:

[durga@bigMPI ~]$ mpirun --verbose -np 2 -hostfile ~/hostfile -mca
btl_base_verbose 100 -mca pml_base_verbose 100 -mca bml_base_verbose 100
-mca btl self,tcp -mca btl_tcp_if_include enp35s0 -mca opal_base_verbose
100 ./hello_c 2>&1 | grep -i modex
[bigMPI:12791] check:select: modex data not found

[durga@bigMPI ~]$ mpirun --verbose -np 2 -hostfile ~/hostfile -mca
btl_base_verbose 100 -mca pml_base_verbose 100 -mca bml_base_verbose 100
-mca btl self,openib -mca btl_openib_if_include qib0 -mca opal_base_verbose
100 ./hello_c 2>&1 | grep -i modex
[bigMPI][[27674,1],1][connect/btl_openib_connect_udcm.c:743:udcm_module_init]
my modex = LID: 2, Port: 1, QPN: 19
[smallMPI][[27674,1],0][connect/btl_openib_connect_udcm.c:743:udcm_module_init]
my modex = LID: 1, Port: 1, QPN: 19
[bigMPI:13479] check:select: modex data not found

Please note that the two lines coming from udcm_module_init are not part of
OPAL_MODEX_SEND() or OPAL_MODEX_RECV()

Why am I not able to see the debug output from the above two macros?

Thanks in advance
Durga

We learn from history that we never learn from history.