Hi Siegmar,

Sorry for the delay, I seem to have missed this one.

It looks like there's an error in the way the native methods are processing
java exceptions.  The code correctly builds up an exception message for
cases where MPI 'c' returns non-success but, not if the problem occured
in one of the JNI utilities.

Issue filed:
https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi/issues/1698

Thanks for reporting this.