The syntax is
configure --enable-mpirun-prefix-by-default --prefix=<path to OpenMPI> ...

all hosts must be able to ssh each other passwordless.
that means you need to generate a user ssh key pair on all hosts, add your
public keys to the list of authorized keys, and ssh to all hosts in order
to populate your known hosts
(ssh requires you confirm host public keys the very first time you ssh to a
new host)
iirc, that can be automated with ssh-keyscan.

when ssh is fully configured, mpirun should work just fine

Cheers,

Gilles