hello Daniele,

Could you post the output from ompi_info command?  I'm noticing on the RPMS
that came with the rhel7.2 distro on
one of our systems that it was built to support psm2/hfi-1.

Two things, could you try running applications with

mpirun --mca pml ob1 (all the rest of your args)

and see if that works?

Second,  what sort of system are you using?  Is this a cluster?  If it is,
you may want to check whether
you have a situation where its an omnipath interconnect and you have the
psm2/hfi1 packages installed
but for some reason the omnipath HCAs themselves are not active.

On one of our omnipath systems the following hfi1 related pms are installed:

*hfi*diags-0.8-13.x86_64

*hfi*1-psm-devel-0.7-244.x86_64
lib*hfi*1verbs-0.5-16.el7.x86_64
*hfi*1-psm-0.7-244.x86_64
*hfi*1-firmware-0.9-36.noarch
*hfi*1-psm-compat-0.7-244.x86_64
lib*hfi*1verbs-devel-0.5-16.el7.x86_64
*hfi*1-0.11.3.10.0_327.el7.x86_64-245.x86_64
*hfi*1-firmware_debug-0.9-36.noarc
*hfi*1-diagtools-sw-0.8-13.x86_64

Howard