Tried this and got this error, and slots are available, nothing else is
running.

> cl <- startMPIcluster(count=7)
There are not enough slots available in the system to satisfy the 7 slots
that were requested by the application:
  /usr/local/lib/R/bin/Rscript

Either request fewer slots for your application, or make more slots
available
for use.
Error in mpi.comm.spawn(slave = rscript, slavearg = args, nslaves = count,
:
  MPI_ERR_SPAWN: could not spawn processes