mpirun takes the #slots for each node from the slurm allocation. Your hostfile
(at least, what you provided) retained that information and shows 2 slots on
each node. So both the original allocation _and_ your constructed hostfile are
both telling mpirun to assign 2 slots on each node.

Like I said before, on this old version, -H doesn’t say anything about #slots -
that information is coming solely from the original allocation and your
hostfile.