Michele  one tip:   log into a compute node using ssh and as your own username.
If you use the Modules envirnonment then load the modules you use in
the job script
then use the  ldd  utility to check if you can load all the libraries
in the code.io executable

Actually you are better to submit a short batch job which does not use
mpirun but uses ldd
A proper batch job will duplicate the environment you wish to run in.

    ldd ./code.io

By the way, is the batch system PBSPro or OpenPBS?  Version 6 seems a bit old.
Can you say what version of Redhat or CentOS this cluster is installed with?