> On Oct 10, 2018, at 4:51 AM, Dave Love <dave.l...@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> RDMA was just broken in the last-but-one(?) RHEL7 kernel release, in
> case that's the problem.  (Fixed in 3.10.0-862.14.4.)

I strongly suspect that this is it.  In the process of getting everything
organized to collect the info various people suggested would be useful, I
noticed some kernel package inconsistencies, and when I made them consistent by
upgrading to 862.14, it started working.  If the problem comes back, I guess
I’ll be back here, but for the moment it appears to be working.  Thanks to
everyone for the suggestions

                                                Noam