Hi Matias,

Thank you so much for your feedback!

It's really embarrassing, but running

mpirun -np 2 -mca mtl ofi -mca pml cm -mca mtl_ofi_provider_include psm2 ./a

still doesn't get the job done. I'm still getting the same MPI_Send error:

    Hello World from proccess 1 out of 2
    Hello World from proccess 0 out of 2
    [gafront4:18272] *** An error occurred in MPI_Send
    [gafront4:18272] *** reported by process [2565799937,0]
    [gafront4:18272] *** on communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
    [gafront4:18272] *** MPI_ERR_OTHER: known error not in list
    [gafront4:18272] *** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (processes in this communicator
will now abort,
    [gafront4:18272] ***    and potentially your MPI job)

I'm using libfabric-1.4.0  issued from Debian Stretch with a minor modification
to use PSM2. It can be found here:

https://github.com/scibian/libfabric/commits/scibian/opa10.7/stretch

When you say that "The OFI MTL got some new features during 2018 that went into
v4.0.0 but are not backported to older OMPI versions." this agrees with the
bahaviour that I witness - using Open MPI 3.1.3 I don't get this error. Could
this be related?

Regards,

Eduardo