On 30-Apr-2019 11:39, George Bosilca wrote:
Depending on the alignment of the different types there might be small
holes in the low-level headers we exchange between processes It should not
be a concern for users.

valgrind should not stop on the first detected issue except
if --exit-on-first-error has been provided (the default value should be
no), so the SIGTERM might be generated for some other reason. What is
at jackhmmer.c:1597 ?

Ah, my bad, I didn't notice that the exit was a different line number than the error message.

1597 is a coded exit on an error condition (triggered by the omission in the test of a parameter needed by the modified jackhmmer.) So you are right, it did not in fact fail
at the first error.

This suppression file:

cat >/usr/common/tmp <<EOD
{
   mpi_init_1
   Memcheck:Addr4
   fun:opal_os_dirpath_create
   fun:orte_session_dir
   fun:orte_ess_base_app_setup
   fun:rte_init
   fun:orte_init
   fun:ompi_mpi_init
   fun:PMPI_Init
   fun:main
}

{
   mpi_probe_1
   Memcheck:Param
   socketcall.sendto(msg)
   fun:send
   fun:mca_btl_tcp_send_blocking
   fun:mca_btl_tcp_endpoint_complete_accept
   fun:opal_libevent2022_event_base_loop
   fun:opal_progress
   fun:mca_pml_ob1_probe
   fun:PMPI_Probe
   fun:mpi_master
   fun:main
}

{
   mpi_send_1
   Memcheck:Param
   socketcall.sendto(msg)
   fun:send
   fun:mca_btl_tcp_send_blocking
   fun:mca_btl_tcp_endpoint_send_handler
   fun:event_persist_closure
   fun:event_process_active_single_queue
   fun:event_process_active
   fun:opal_libevent2022_event_base_loop
   fun:opal_progress
   fun:ompi_request_wait_completion
   fun:mca_pml_ob1_send
   fun:PMPI_Send
   fun:mpi_worker
   fun:main
}
EOD

removes the mpi_send and some other messages when valgrind is run with
a second suppressions line

    --suppressions=/usr/common/tmp/mpi_more_supp.txt \

Thanks,

David Mathog
mat...@caltech.edu