Nathan,

Over the last couple of weeks I made some more interesting observations regarding the latencies of accumulate operations on both Aries and InfiniBand systems:

1) There seems to be a significant difference between 64bit and 32bit operations: on Aries, the average latency for compare-exchange on 64bit values takes about 1.8us while on 32bit values it's at 3.9us, a factor of >2x. On the IB cluster, all of fetch-and-op, compare-exchange, and accumulate show a similar difference between 32 and 64bit. There are no differences between 32bit and 64bit puts and gets on these systems.

2) On both systems, the latency for a single-value atomic load using MPI_Fetch_and_op + MPI_NO_OP is 2x that of MPI_Fetch_and_op + MPI_SUM on 64bit values, roughly matching the latency of 32bit compare-exchange operations.

All measurements were done using Open MPI 3.1.2 with OMPI_MCA_osc_rdma_acc_single_intrinsic=true. Is that behavior expected as well?

Thanks,
Joseph