> On Jun 20, 2019, at 4:44 AM, Charles A Taylor <chas...@ufl.edu> wrote:
>
> This looks a lot like a problem I had with OpenMPI 3.1.2.  I thought the fix
> was landed in 4.0.0 but you might
> want to check the code to be sure there wasn’t a regression in 4.1.x.  Most
> of our codes are still running
> 3.1.2 so I haven’t built anything beyond 4.0.0 which definitely included the
> fix.

Unfortunately, 4.0.0 behaves the same.

One thing that I’m wondering if anyone familiar with the internals can explain
is how you get a memory leak that isn’t freed when then program ends?  Doesn’t
that suggest that it’s something lower level, like maybe a kernel issue?

                                                                Noam

|U.S. NAVAL|
|_RESEARCH_|
LABORATORY
Noam Bernstein, Ph.D.
Center for Materials Physics and Technology
U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
T +1 202 404 8628  F +1 202 404 7546
https://www.nrl.navy.mil <https://www.nrl.navy.mil/>