Your gfortran command line strongly suggests your program is serial and does not use MPI at all.

Consequently, mpirun will simply spawn 8 identical instances of the very same program, and no speed up should be expected

(but you can expect some slow down and/or file corruption).

If you observe similar behaviour with Open MPI and IntelMPI, then this is very unlikely an Open MPI issue,

and this mailing it not the right place to discuss a general MPI/parallelization performance issue.

Cheers,

Gilles