Hi Gilles,

Gilles Gouaillardet via users <users@lists.open-mpi.org> skribis:

> in order to figure out which interconnect is used, you can
>
> mpirun --mca pml_base_verbose 10 --mca mtl_base_verbose 10 --mca
> btl_base_verbose 10 ...
>
> the output might be a bit verbose, so here are a few tips on how to
> get it step by step

Thanks for the trick.  I did find out abuot “pml_base_verbose” & co.,
but I was hoping for an option that wouldn’t be layer-specific.  I guess
what you propose is a good approximation.

> PSM and PSM2 are generally faster with mtl/psm and mtl/psm2, and they
> are only used by pml/cm
> if pml/ucx is a match, you can either blacklist it or give it a lower
> priority so pml/cm is picked
> mpirun --mca pml ^ucx ...
> mpirun --mca pml_ucx_priority 1 ...
> or force pml/cm
> mpirun --mca pml cm ...
> note there might be an option to tell UCX it should not try to do
> PSM/PSM2, and in that case, pml/ucx would not be
> selected on an Infinipath/Omnipath network.

I didn’t find a way to tell UCX to ignore TrueScale and Omni-Path, which
is why I ended up increasing the default priority of PSM and PSM2
instead.

Thanks for your feedback,
Ludo’.