Hi,

Am 12.01.2020 um 07:15 schrieb Lane, William via users:

> I'm having problems w/an old openMPI test program which I re-compiled using
> OpenMPI 1.8.7 for CentOS 6.3 running Univa Grid Engine 8.6.4.

IIRC at that time it was necessary to compile Open MPI explicitly with
--with-sge. Any newer version of Open MPI wouldn't work for you, where it
detects UGE automatically?

>       • Are the special PE requirements for Son of Grid Engine needed for
> Univa Grid Engine 8.6.4 (in particular qsort_args and/or control_slaves both
> being present and set to TRUE)

Yes, as "control_slaves" allows `qrsh -inherit …` only when it's set.

>       •  is LD_LIBRARY_PATH required to be set for openMPI 1.8.7 to run
> (Univa Grid Engine specifically reports that it has: "removed environment
> variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH from submit environment - it is considered a
> security issue" when I run my test openMPI 1.8.7 job.

I usually don't like `qsub -V …` at all (which I think you are using), as a
changed interactive environment might break the job at a later point in time
and it's hard to investigate. I prefer setting all necessary environment
variable inside the job script itself, so that it is self contained.

Maybe they judge it a security issue, as this variable would also be present in
case you run a queue prolog/epilog as a different user. For the plain job
itself it wouldn't matter IMO.

And for any further investigation: which problem do you face in detail?

-- Reuti