Hi,

I am running Open MPI on Mac OS Catalina and am running into an issue.

- I installed Open MPI and everything seemed to be working fine until a few
hours ago.

- I make and run with the terminal command:

* make &&  mpiexec --mca shmem posix --oversubscribe -np 8 main.out*

- When I do this, I get the following error:

*opal_shmem_base_select failed*
*--> Returned value -1 instead of OPAL_SUCCESS*

- If i remove some of the compiler flags, and run as follows, I get another
error:

*schmem: posix: file name search - max attempts exceeded.cannot continue
with posix.*

- In fact, now the program fails to compile at all, and just hangs when I
run the make and run command outlined earlier.

The program was running correctly earlier today. Could someone please
advise? I am new to MPI and would ideally like to develop a lot of skill in
using this library for my work.

Thanks!