I assume UCX is https://www.openucx.org?  (Google found several things
called UCX when I searched, but that seemed the right one.)  I will try
installing it and then reinstall OpenMPI.  Hopefully it will then choose
between network transports automatically based on what's available.  I'll
also look at the slides and see if I can make sense of them.  Thanks.

.. Lana (lana.de...@gmail.com)