I'm using VASP, Quantum Espresso, DFTB+, Gulp, Tinker, Crystal and Gaussian.
VASP, QE and G16 are not a problem (the latter is using threads up to 48
cores).
QE sometimes slows down, but nothing to be much worry. DFTB+ is often used
with several jobs and mpi. In any cases jobs x mpi <= 48

I'm wondering whether I have to recompile DFTB+ (for example), if I change
the openmpi version..
Thank you,
Carlo

Il giorno gio 20 ago 2020 alle ore 19:23 Jeff Hammond via users <
users@lists.open-mpi.org> ha scritto:

> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 3:22 AM Carlo Nervi via users <
> users@lists.open-mpi.org> wrote:
>
>> Dear OMPI community,
>> I'm a simple end-user with no particular experience.
>> I compile quantum chemical programs and use them in parallel.
>>

> Which code?  Some QC codes behave differently than traditional MPI codes
> in a NUMA context and it is worth mentioning it explicitly if you are using
> NWChem, GAMES, MOLPRO, or other code that uses GA or DDI.  If you are
> running VASP, CP2K, or other code that uses MPI in a more conventional
> manner, don't worry about it.
>
> Jeff
>
> --
> Jeff Hammond
> jeff.scie...@gmail.com
> http://jeffhammond.github.io/

Prof. Carlo Nervi carlo.ne...@unito.it  Tel:+39 0116707507/8
Fax: +39 0116707855      -      Dipartimento di Chimica, via
P. Giuria 7, 10125 Torino, Italy.    http://lem.ch.unito.it/

ICCC 2020 5-10 July 2020, Rimini, Italy: http://www.iccc2020.com
International Conference on Coordination Chemistry (ICCC 2020)

 <http://www.iccc2020.com/>