Good morning we need to launch a MPMD application with two fortran excutables and one interpreted python (mpi4py) application.

The natural ordering in the resulting comm_world would come from

mpirun -np 4 fortranexe_1 : -np 4 python3 pyapp.py : -np 2 fortranexe_2

but openmpi seems to neglect (or loose at start time) the second fortran executable. Notice that the making pyapp.py executable with a shebang and avoiding mentioning python3 does not change the behaviour).
Intelmpi can run the application.

We tried (but we would prefer not for some assumptions on the position in the comm world) to change the program order and indeed

mpirun -np 4 fortranexe_1 : -np 2 fortranexe_2 : -np 4 python3 pyapp.py

runs to the end.

I did not find any mention in the documentation or in the forums about a prescribed order for multilanguage applications, nor an alternative suggested syntax.

Thank you for your help

Andrea Piacentini
(CERFACS Toulouse)

--