Hi all,

I'm confused about how openmpi supports mpi-io on Lustre these days, and am hoping that someone can help.

Back in the openmpi 2.0.0 release notes, it said that OMPIO is the default MPI-IO implementation on everything apart from Lustre, where ROMIO is used. Those release notes are pretty old, but it still appears to be true.

However, I cannot get HDF5 1.10.7 to pass its MPI-IO tests unless I tell openmpi to use OMPIO (OMPI_MCA_io=ompio) and tell UCX not to print warning messages (UCX_LOG_LEVEL=ERROR).

Can I just check: are we still supposed to be using ROMIO?

Thanks,

Mark