Oh my - that is a pretty strong statement. It depends on what you are trying to
do, and whether or not Slurm offers a mapping pattern that matches. mpirun
tends to have a broader range of options, which is why many people use it. It
also means that your job script is portable and not locked to a specific RM,
which is important to quite a few users.

However, if Slurm has something you can use/like and you don't need to worry
about portability, then by all means one should use it.

Just don't assume that everyone fits in that box :-)

On Oct 11, 2021, at 10:40 AM, Chang Liu via users <users@lists.open-mpi.org