Hi all,

There are several bug reports on 4.1.x describing MPI_Win_create failing for various architectures.  I too am seeing the same for 4.1.0-10 which is packaged for Debian 11, just on a standard workstation where at least vader,tcp,self, and sm are identified (not sure which are being used).  From reading the bug reports, I learned two things: a) version 5 might fix this and b) MPI_Win_create should have been depreciated.

Indeed, I changed all my MPI_Win_create to MPI_Win_allocate and everything works fine.  So I suppose that is the best solution, at least in my case.

I'm writing this email just in case anyone else encounters the same situation.

Stephen