Hi all,

we are facing a serious problem with OpenMPI (4.0.2) that we have deployed on a cluster. We do not manage this large cluster and the names of the nodes do not agree with Internet standards for protocols: they contain a "_" (underscore) character.

So OpenMPI complains about this and do not run.

I've tried to use IP instead of host names in the host file without any success.

Is there a known workaround for this as requesting the administrators to change the nodes names on this large cluster may be difficult.

Thanks

Patrick