Hi All,

I am new to openmpi and trying to learn the internals (source code
level) of data transfer during collective operations. At first, I will
limit it to intra-node (between cpu cores, and sockets) to minimize
the scope of learning.

What are the best options (Looking for only free and open methods) for
tracing the openmpi code? (say I want to execute alltoall collective
and trace all the function calls and event callbacks that happened
inside the libmpi.so on all the cores)

Linux kernel has something called ftrace, it gives a neat call graph
of all the internal functions inside the kernel with time, is
something similar available?

--Arun