From: users <users-boun...@lists.open-mpi.org> On Behalf Of Chandran, Arun via
users
Sent: Thursday, March 2, 2023 4:01 PM
To: users@lists.open-mpi.org
Cc: Chandran, Arun <arun.chand...@amd.com>
Subject: [OMPI users] What is the best choice of pml and btl for intranode
communication

Hi Folks,

As the number of cores in a socket is keep on increasing, the right pml,btl
(ucx, ob1, uct, vader, etc) that gives the best performance in "intra-node"
scenario is important.

For openmpi-4.1.4, which pml, btl combination is the best for intra-node
communication in the case of higher core count scenario? (p-to-p as well as
coll) and why?
Does the answer for the above question holds good for the upcoming ompi5
release?

--Arun