Hello,

> Hi,
>
> I am using OpenMPI 4.1.1 (without a scheduler) and I want to limit the
> number of CPU or threads a specific user (or host, if I must) can use.
> Is there a configuration or environment variable I can use? This user
> has not been following our resource management policy so simply asking
> him to use -np 2 will not suffice.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Dave Martin

in the same direction as previous answers: did you consider the
user.slice feature in systemd? This would let you use cgroups to
constrain a users complete login sessions. No extra software needed.

See
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.resource-control.html
especially "CPUQuota". These limits can be set in a user.slice.

Best Regards

Christof

--
Dr. rer. nat. Christof Köhler       email: c.koeh...@uni-bremen.de
Universitaet Bremen/FB1/BCCMS       phone:  +49-(0)421-218-62334