Hi,

OpenNebula does not provide auto-scaling functionality. You can use
Claudia's service manager (developed by Telefonica I+D and part of our
ecosystem at http://www.opennebula.org/software:ecosystem:claudia) for
this. Moreover you also have the work done in the OpenNebula Service
Management Project (http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/oneservice) in
the context of the Google Summer of Code Program. This is a very
interesting tool that works on top of OpenNEbula to define and manage
life-cycle of complete services, that may include in the future
auto-scaling functionality.

Cheers

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Luis Rodero-Merino
<luis.rodero-mer...@ens-lyon.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some clouds such as EC2 implement some auto-scaling functionality,
> i.e. the ability to deploy/release VMs depending on certain metrics
> values. We wonder if such functionality is available in OpenNebula, or
> you plan to add it, for example by plugging some 'scaling component'
> to the Information System.
>
> Regards,
>
> --

Ignacio M. Llorente, Full Professor (Catedratico):
http://dsa-research.org/llorente
DSA Research Group:  web http://dsa-research.org and blog
http://blog.dsa-research.org
OpenNebula Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing: http://www.OpenNebula.org