Hello Richard

On 13.10.2011 12:06, Richard Palmer wrote:
        After stupidly launching a VM using a persistent disc image twice,
        I'm very grateful to e2fsck for cleaning up the ensuing filesystem
        corruption, but wondered if there is anything I could put in the
        template file to tell opennebula not to allow this to happen?. Some
        sort of unique instance flag ?.

Strange, this should be done with this settings in the image template (with OpenNebula 2.2.1, do not know about 3.0):

PUBLIC          = NO
PERSISTENT      = YES

Check the output of 'oneimage show <image_id>' when one VM is running with this image, it should show this (which should lock the image for any other VM):

# oneimage show 6
IMAGE INFORMATION
ID             : 6
NAME           : <image-name>
TYPE           : OS
REGISTER TIME  : 10/05 15:38:33
PUBLIC         : No
PERSISTENT     : Yes
SOURCE         : /path/to/<image-uniq_id>
STATE          : used
RUNNING_VMS    : 1

bye
Fabian