Hi,

With OpenNebula you, as an administrator, can configure a list of VMs and
make them available to your users, that will be able to start and shutdown
them on demand. Take a look at the Self Service interface screencast [1] to
get an idea of how your users would interact with OpenNebula. In you
scenario, your end-users would only need to use the Compute tab.

After the VM is deployed, they will connect their VNC client (or other
remote desktop protocol client) to the VM's IP.

Regards.

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:screencasts
--
Carlos Martín, MSc