On 03/14/2012 07:21 AM, biro lehel wrote:
Hello everyone,

Regarding my last issue here, the problem with the VNC connection
initialization through Sunstone was indeed the presence of the line
['TIGHT_PNG', -260 ],
in rfb.js. Uncommenting it solved the problem; thank you Carlo and
Hector for you prompt feedbacks.

So, at my current progress, I managed to create VM's from the provided
ttylinux image without problems, VNC is also working, I could ssh and
ping in all the possible directions, and, to gain some experience, I
even fooled around a bit with some template attributes to see their
effect. So, i guess that "so far, so good".
Now, my next step would be to do the same thing with VM's created from
an openSUSE image. In order to do this, I would need a raw openSUSE .img
file (just like I had ttylinux.img), but, lacking any experience in the
domain, I'm a little bit helpless regarding the exact way of obtaining
such an .img file for my distribution. I have checked some online
documentation, but none of it really helped. So, my question is, what is
the correct and best way to obtain such a SUSE image, or are there any
ways to get it from somewhere? Just for the record (as stated in the
subject), I'm using KVM as hypervisor.

You can build your SUSE image using SUSE Studio at susestudio.com. There is also an example for using KIWI.

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KIWI_Cookbook_ONebula_Cloud

Or you can run a manual install process.

1.) Create the disk image file
qemu-img create -f qcow2 openSUSE.img 20G
(replace 20G with the size you want)

2.) qemu-kvm openSUSE.img -cdrom PATH_TO_OPENSUSE_ISO_FILE -boot d
now run through the regular openSUSE install process

3.) Register the image with openNebula

Also, for anyone having experience with SUSE + ONE + KVM (I've seen that
are a few of you here): could you provide me an example template for
your configuration, that I could use a starting point for my
configuration? It would really be a great help.

Check the KIWI example.

HTH,
Robert

Tech Lead