error: Failed to connect to the hypervisor
error: authentication failed: authentication failed"

If you see "'@/srv/cloud/one/.libvirt/libvirt-sock': Connection refused" then at least I could not solve it by configuring the policy kit rule. But there is a difference calling:
"virsh list" vs. " virsh connect qemu:///system list

The later one works just fine while the first one sometimes shows the error messages you mentioned below. (Connection refused)

I suppose it could be related to NFS issues in case the user has a shared HOME on a NFS filesystem. The NFS client still thinks the socket is in use.

Regards,

Danny

On 2012-02-23 18:28, Javier Fontan wrote:
Thanks for the info!

Do you mind if we add this to the documentation?

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:51 AM, jan horacek<jahor.jhr...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hello,

[oneadmin at nubacesga-01-2 libvirt]$
error: Failed to reconnect to the hypervisor
error: no valid connection
error: Failed to connect socket to
'@/srv/cloud/one/.libvirt/libvirt-sock': Connection refused

there are more ways to solve it, the one is to disable PolicyKit but
my preffered way is to have policy kit policy rule
https://github.com/jhrcz/opennebula-tm-gfs2clvm/blob/master/etc-polkit-1-localauthority-50-local.d/50-org.libvirt.unix.manage-opennebula.pkla

this makes it possible to run almost all operation under oneadmin user
and have it cleanly integrated by default system configuration.

Regards,
J.Horacek (aka jahor / jhrcz)