We frequently use onevm suspend to save the state of all the virtual machines on a VM host before we reboot the node. Only problem is, nothing is there to tell the ntpd daemon that it should restart once the VM resumes. It stays running through the suspend and resume but it is too far out of time sync to bring the virtual machine back into time. We have also seen clock skews like this in cold migrate mode.

Has anyone come up with a hook in the resume process to send a signal to the VM to resynchronize its clock?

Steve Timm