Hello,

Then, I try to establish a VNC connection from my PC using a VNC client (vinagre)..
   1: 192.168.101.119: ignoring socket not ready

   2: 127.0.0.1: ignoring socket not ready

The same test but using Firefox from my computer:
   3: 192.168.101.119: Normal web request received but disallowed

This is because you are connecting to websockify with a normal VNC client, not with a websockets client as expected. You can try to see if you can use vinagre to connect directly to Host1:5905 in first place, to assure that the VM VNC is responding.

The error below is the relevant one:

   4: connecting to: Host1:5905
   4: handler exception: [Errno 113] No route to host

Do you have a firewall or some other mechanism that might prevent that Host1 is reachable from the frontend? Perhaps you can try launching websockify with Host1 IP directly, to see if its a name resolve issue in the end...

--
Hector Sanjuan
OpenNebula Developer