Hi all,

After succesful update from 3.6 to 3.8.1, we're testing the premigrate/postmigrate feature. We're using a shared system datastore, and all the VM have iscsi volumes attached. The premigrate feature is really useful for this scenario, letting us to login into the iscsi volumes before migration without need for a more complex setup involving qemu scripts at the hosts.

We're using a modified version of the iscsi DATASTORE / TM drivers, adapted to our Equallogic setup. These drivers are added to the opennebula config as new driver (eqliscsi), and all the other features run as expected.

But there's some questions about the premigrate/postmigrate feature:

- There's premigrate/postmigrate scripts at every TM driver, but the only one called when doing a VM migration was the shared TM.
- The eqliscsi TM premigrate scripts must be called from the shared TM?
- It's planed to call every premigrate script from every datastore used inside the VM?

I'm thinking in a scenario where one VM has different disks from different datastores attached and need to do some operations before/after migration. The premigrate/postmigrate scripts must be called at least for every different TM driver needed.

Maybe I'm mixing some concepts between datastore and tm drivers, but some help to define the correct way to manage this scenario wil be grealty appreciated.

Best regards,

--

Joaquín Villanueva Adrián

Director Técnico ACB.COM

ASOCIACIÓN CLUBS DE BALONCESTO

Tel

+34 934 17 24 04

Móvil

+34 678 47 38 68

Fax

+34 934 18 23 94

www.acb.com

Iradier, 37 - E 08017 - Barcelona

Advertencia de privacidad: Este mensaje y los documentos que en su caso consten como anexos, son confidenciales. Así pues, si lo reciben por error, les solicitamos nos lo comuniquen y se abstengan de realizar copias del mismo o entregarlo a otro destinatario. A los efectos de la Ley 15/1999, de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal, les informamos que los datos de carácter personal que figuran en esta comunicación están incluidos en un fichero automatizado cuyo responsable es ACB. Si desea ejercitar los derechos de acceso, rectificación, cancelación y oposición, diríjanse por escrito a la dirección de c/ Iradier, 37 - 08017 (Barcelona) o al siguiente correo electrónico: secreta...@acb.es

Privacy warning: This message and any attachments are confidential. Therefore, if you are not the intended addressee of this message, please delete it immediately without copying or forwarding it and inform the sender. For the purpose of the Law 15/1999, about protection of personal data, we inform you that the personal data contained in this message are included in a database, responsibility of ACB. In order to access, rectify, cancel and opposite any of these data, please write to C/ Iradier, 37 - 08017 (Barcelona) or to: secreta...@acb.es