Hi, I am setting up a small installation of opennebula with sharedstorage using iSCSI. THe storage is Equilogic EMC with two controllers. Nowadays we have only two host servers so we use backed direct connection between storage and each server, see attachment. For this purpose we set up dm-multipath. Cause in the future we want to add other servers and some other technology will be necessary in the network segment. Thesedays we try to make it as same as possible with future topology from protocols point of view.

My question is related to the way how to define datastore, which driver and TM is the best and which?

My primal objective is to avoid GFS2 or any other cluster filesystem I would prefer to keep datastore as block devices. Only option I see is to use LVM but I worry about concurent writes isn't it a problem? I was googling a bit and I found I would need to set up clvm - is it really necessary?

Or is better to use iSCSI driver, drop the dm-multipath and hope?

Thanks, Milos