Hi,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Ondrej Hamada <ondrej.ham...@acision.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I would like to use shared image datastore in combination with SSH
> system datastore. Reading the documentation I'm a bit unsure how should
> it work. I'm using ONE 4.4 and qcow2 images. What will be the behavior
> during VM deployment?
>
> Will be the entire image copied over to the target host or is it
> possible to run the VM in snapshot mode and thus reduce the deployment
> time?
>
> Thank you in advance

The images will use the drivers of the Image Datastore. In your case, take
a look at the Filesystem Datastore guide [1], it has a section on the
shared TM drivers, and another on the qcow2 drivers.

Basically, a VM using persistent images will be deployed immediately while
a VM with non-persistent images will need to wait for the files to be
copied to the system DS.

Regards

[1]
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/administration/storage/fs_ds.html#using-the-shared-transfer-driver