Hello Kerry!

What makes you think that 4.6 is development version? As far as I know it is a stable one (there is even 4.6.1 with bug fixes).

Have a loot at "Release cycle" [1]

Best regards,
Nikolay.

[1] http://opennebula.org/software/release/

kerryhall . wrote on 10/06/14 02:45:
Hi folks,

I followed the instructions here:
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/design_and_installation/quick_starts/qs_centos_kvm.html#qs-centos-kvm

But I end up with version 4.6, not version 4.4. 4.6 is nice, but I would like to use the
"stable"
version for my use, not the development version.

I managed to work around this by manually telling yum to install version
"4.4.1-1", but whenever I
try to do yum update, it updates these packages to 4.6. Of course, I could
exclude these packages
from yum updates which seems to work. It might be nice to do whatever is
necessary to allow one
package to not replace the other, perhaps in the same way that mysql 5.6 and
mysql 5.5 can coexist
on a system.

I would also like to see the documentation to be updated and correct. I would
be happy to
collaborate on this with whoever has permissions to edit the documentation.

Thanks,
Kerry