From: Users [mailto:users-boun...@lists.opennebula.org] On Behalf Of Paul Reilly
Sent: 18 July 2014 12:24
To: users@lists.opennebula.org
Subject: [one-users] ONE 4.6.2 - passwords in URL

Hello,

I'm evaluating open nebula 4.6.2 in a university environment. Unfortunately
some of our users use Internet Explorer 11 with compatibility mode enabled.
They need this for other sites. When this is enabled, and they log in to Open
Nebula, their username and password is passed in clear text in the URL, and is
also saved in their browsing history, like this:

https://onetest.uni.edu/?username=joe&password=OpenSesame
We have LDAP authentication to active directory configured, so it's a security
concern if their username and password is sent in clear text in the request URL.
Does anyone know why this happens, and how to fix it?
Thank you,
Paul[https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif]

BlackBerry UK Limited
Registered in England and Wales. Registered No. 04022422, with registered
office at 200 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3XE, United Kingdom

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public
information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your
system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission
by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.