On 2014-10-30 15:33, Javier Juarez wrote:
Hi dudes,

I´m trying to make a small provisioning of our VMs based on cloud-init
without success. The contextualization process works well apparently (our network interfaces and ssh keys have been deployed), but I think that the cloud-init phase does not work at all. Any ideas about how to debug this
kind of behaviour after the contextualization step.

We are using OpenNebula versión 4.8.0, our images have the
contextualization package version 4.8.0 and our context file looks like
that:

CONTEXT=[
  NETWORK="YES",
  SSH_PUBLIC_KEY="$USER[SSH_PUBLIC_KEY]",
  USER_DATA="#cloud-config
bootcmd:
  - yum clean all
  - yum -y update
packages:
  - tree
  - lsof
runcmd:
  - curl http://sfs.csic.es/mri-installer/scripts/install_mri.sh|sh
  - curl http://sfs.csic.es/chef-installer/scripts/install_chef.sh|sh"
]

thanks in advance,
Javier

Hi Javier,

Since cloud-init uses yaml for its config file you need to make sure indentation/syntax is correct. You can see this in the cloud-init logfile inside the VM (something like : can't read yaml blob).

What OS are you using for the VM? When its CentOS/RHEL with Selinux enabled, you'll probably need to
install a SELinux policy (i needed to in CentOS7).

Regards,
Vincent