Hmmm... there is only hard requirement for the selector to
be non-nil [1] because empty selector is a valid selector [2].

[1] https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/blob/master/pkg/apis/extensions/validation/validation.go#L344 [2] https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/blob/master/docs/user-guide/labels.md#label-selectors

Maciej