Are you using direct-lvm or loop-lvm? Red Hat definitely considers
devicemapper with direct-lvm to be production ready and we're keen to
fix any issues you find with that setup. If your kernel panic was with
direct-lvm a bug would be great; the backtrace, kernel version, and
device-mapper-libs version should be enough to get us somewhere.

If you need to configure direct-lvm and you're using RHEL/Centos
packages you should have docker-storage-setup see this bit of
documentation in the pre-requisites section
https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/install/prerequisites.html#configuring-docker-storage

If you're not using centos/rhel packages give this a try, I've not
followed this myself but it looks sane
https://docs.docker.com/engine/userguide/storagedriver/device-mapper-driver/#configure-direct-lvm-mode-for-production