On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Candide Kemmler <candide@intrinsic.world>
wrote:

> I'm a bit confused about how to configure masters & nodes in ansible hosts:
>
> I have a master @ paas.example.com and a node at node1.example.com
>
> I want my apps to be accessible from the outside world @ apps.example.com
>
> Is it correct to assume that node1.example.com will never be exposed by
> openshift routes to the outside world?

The default subdomain is exposed through the OpenShift router and a
wildcard DNS entry for *.apps.example.com would need to be created to point
to the router instance (or a load balancer containing the router instances).

See https://docs.openshift.org/latest/architecture/core_concepts/routes.html
for more information on how the routing layer works.

Also see
https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/install/deploy_router.html
for how to deploy the router.

> So I have the following relevant information in ansible hosts:
>
> [OSEv3:children]
> masters
> nodes
>
> # Set variables common for all OSEv3 hosts
> [OSEv3:vars]
>
> # default subdomain to use for exposed routes
> osm_default_subdomain="apps.example.com"
>
> [...]
>
> # host group for masters
> [masters]
> paas.example.com openshift_hostname=paas.example.com
> openshift_public_hostname=paas.example.com
>
> # host group for nodes
> [nodes]
> node1.example.com openshift_hostname=node1.example.com
> openshift_public_hostname=node1.example.com

Your master should be listed under here as well. We currently require that
the master also be a node (to be a member of the SDN network), by default
openshift-ansible will make the node on the master host unschedulable to
avoid pods being scheduled there.

> Is it correct?

Jason DeTiberus