Oh, I hadn't thought of that.  I guess a solution for that would be
necessary after all.  Maybe have some special syntax to indicate that the
value should be read from a file?

At any rate, a simple key=value file will suffice for my needs.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Jordan Liggitt <jligg...@redhat.com> wrote:

> if you have the content of a cert file as a param, that will typically
> contain newlines
>
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Alex Wauck <alexwa...@exosite.com>
> wrote:
>
>> We do not have any parameters that require newlines, thankfully.  In my
>> opinion, that would be kind of insane.
>>
>> new-app isn't a great solution, since the template is intended to set up
>> our entire environment with multiple apps (some apps share parameters).  Or
>> current work-around is a Python script that generates Javascript that we
>> then paste into the Chrome JS console to populate the fields in the web UI.
>>
>> I'd really just like oc process to accept a file containing key=value
>> pairs, one per line.
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Clayton Coleman <ccole...@redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The -v flag needs to be fixed for sure (splitting flag values is bad).
>>>
>>> New-app should support both -f FILE and -p (which you can specify
>>> multiple -p, one for each param).
>>>
>>> Do you have any templates that require new lines?
>>>
>>> On Jun 17, 2016, at 5:55 PM, Alex Wauck <alexwa...@exosite.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I need to create services from a template that has a lot of parameters.
>>> In addition to having a lot of parameters, it has parameters with values
>>> containing commas, which does not play well with the -v flag for oc
>>> process.  Is there any way to make oc process get the parameter values from
>>> a file?  I'm currently tediously copy/pasting the values into the web UI,
>>> which is not a good solution.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Alex Wauck // DevOps Engineer
>>> *E X O S I T E*
>>> *www.exosite.com <http://www.exosite.com/>*
>>> Making Machines More Human.

>> --
>>
>> Alex Wauck // DevOps Engineer
>> +1 612 790 1558 (USA Mobile)
>>
>> *E X O S I T E*
>> 275 Market Street, Suite 535
>> Minneapolis, MN 55405
>> *www.exosite.com <http://www.exosite.com/>*
>>
>> This communication may contain confidential information that is proprietary
>> Exosite. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this information is
>> strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete
>> this message and any attachments, and advise the sender by return e-mail.
>>
>> Making Machines More Human.

Alex Wauck // DevOps Engineer
+1 612 790 1558 (USA Mobile)

*E X O S I T E*
275 Market Street, Suite 535
Minneapolis, MN 55405
*www.exosite.com <http://www.exosite.com/>*

This communication may contain confidential information that is proprietary to