Origin docs are at
https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/aggregate_logging.html --
though
https://github.com/openshift/origin-aggregated-logging/blob/master/deployer/README.md
refers to some recent usability improvements that haven't made their way
into the official docs yet.

There is some integration with the console UI (
https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/aggregate_logging.html#kibana)
but I'm not sure it does exactly what you asked. However you can fairly
easily have Kibana pull up all the logs by pod label, which you could
choose to be the label your DC/RC uses to identify its pods. This would
include pods that no longer exist and containers that have been restarted
and lost historical logs.