Given a route definition in yaml that omits the spec.host value, OpenShift
will auto-generate a suitable host value, i.e.
blah-project.apps.10.2.2.2.xip.io on the all-in-one VM.

That's great, because then I can write route definitions that work
unchanged in the all-in-one VM and RedHat's OpenShift Online Preview.

But when I update the same, unchanged, route definition using 'oc apply
-f', I get an ugly yellow warning triangle in the web console that says
"Requested host undefined was rejected by the router. Reason: no host value
was defined for the route".

Shouldn't the semantics here be: since you still didn't specify the host
when you ran 'oc apply', you intend to keep on using the exact same host
value that was autogenerated the first time round, nothing has changed and
there's no error?

--
Pieter Nagel
Lautus Solutions (Pty) Ltd