Hello, list.
We have been running Origin since last November and i'd like to share some
experiences, pains and thoughts.

Our origin cluster has about 25 servers including masters,nodes and
routers. We have roughly 500 applications exposing services and a bunch of
HPA firing up containers all the time.

1) Resource consumption: i noticed during the day a increase of memory
consumption due multiple reloads, a lot of process keep running until the
connections is finished or OOM kill. Other issue regarding restarts is that
due to TCP SYN DROP iptables we are facing some high latencies.  What can
we do to reduce restart overhead ?

2) Metrics: Would be nice to pull some metrics from the routers, something
like general network i/o and per endpoint traffic, i found a prometheus
export but due to process restart the endpoint states are cleaned. HAProxy
1.6 have a fix for that (
http://blog.haproxy.com/2015/10/14/whats-new-in-haproxy-1-6/). Do we have
plans to upgrade to 1.6 ? What kind of metrics do we have available today?

---
Diego Castro / The CloudFather
GetupCloud.com - Eliminamos a Gravidade